« Synergy» has won two fleet races in a row at RC44 Trapani Cup regatta and has shown such a winning streak for the first time ever in the RC44 class. The Russian team is in second place in the table.
The second leg of RC44 Championship Tour 2013 in Trapani today hosted four races of the fleet.
« Synergy» won two of them - under numbers 2 and 3. Both times Russian crew tried to correctly analyze the situation during the start maneuvers and made good tactical decisions, acting in a well-coordinated and extremely accurate way. From the first meters of the distance, the Russian crew managed to take the lead and create a comfortable gap.
Two wins in a row (such a winning streak is the first for «Synergy» in the RC44 fleet races) combined with sixth place in the fourth and final race on Thursday allowed the Russian yachtsmen to climb to second place in the RC44 Trapani Cup overall standings.
Status of Thursday's races
1. Ceeref (Slovenia) - 2-5-3-2 - 12
2. «Synergy» (Russia) - 10-1-1-6 - 18
3. Team Aqua (Great Britain) - 3-8-8-1 - 20
4. Katusha (Russia) - 1-7-2-12 - 22
5. Ironbound (USA) - 5-9-4-4 - 22
6. Team Nika (Russia) - 6-10-5-3 - 24
7. Artemis (Sweden) - 4-6-7-8 - 25.
8. Team Italia (Italy) - 9-3-11-7 - 30
9. Aegir (Great Britain) - 7-13-9-5 - 34.
10. MAG Racing (Poland) - 11-2-12-13 - 38.
12. Aleph (France) - 13-12-6-9 - 40.
13. Peninsula Petroleum (Great Britain) -