According to Saturday's results the leader of classification in fleet races at RC44 Trapani Cup regatta was again the Slovenian team Ceeref.
The organizers of the Trapani event managed to run two races in strong winds over 20 knots on May 4.
The first race of the day was won by Team Ceeref. This success allowed the Slovenian sailors to regain the first place in the overall standings. The second race was a fierce fight for top places. « Synergy» was eighth through «gates» midway through the race, but then added momentum and crossed the finish line in fifth place with a strong surge, beating Artemis and Ironbound by half a length and Team Aqua by two seconds.
Then a thunderstorm began and the fleet had to return to harbour - the third race of the day was cancelled. The regatta will finish on Sunday.
Status after nine races
1. Ceeref (Slovenia) - 2-5-3-2-7-5-6-1-4 - 35
2. Team Aqua (Great Britain) - 3-8-8-1-3-3-2-5-7 - 40
3. Katusha (Russia) - 1-7-2-12-11-2-3-3-1 - 42
4. Artemis (Sweden) - 4-6-7-8-4-4-2-13 - 52
5. Team Nika (Russia) - 6-10-5-3-8-5-4-3 - 52
6. «Synergy» (Russia) - 10-1-1-6-6-13-8-9-5 - 59
7. Team Italia (Italy) - 9-3-11-7-2-1-10-13-9 - 65
8. Peninsula Petroleum (Great Britain) -
9. Ironbound (USA) - 5-9-4-4-13-11-12-10-6 - 74
10. Aegir (Great Britain) - 7-13-9-5-3-9-6-12 - 79
11. Aleph (France) - 13-12-6-9-1-7-10-12-10 - 81
13. MAG Racing (Poland) - 11-2-12-13-10-6-13-11-8 - 88 (penalty -2)